Saturday, May 5, 2007

My Queer Little Hobby


Well if you know me at all you certainly know about my oddball hobby- entering contests. Half of you reading this probably already win more than I do.


For those of you who don't know, a brief explanation. I enter sweeps regularly on-line and through the mail or in person if I see them. I use www.SweepsAdvantage.com for the online stuff and keep my eyes open for the mail stuff.
I have been doing this for several years and have had a ton of fun and lots of amazing wins, including several ipods, cash, tons of free products, trips etc. I enter at least some thing every single day since wining has little to do with luck and more to do with consistency.
Anyway, I thought I would share a list of some of the stranger things I have won:
  • 3 pocket knives (why 3? I have no idea)

  • A photo album for my cat

  • A much coveted stuffed wiener mobile from Oscar Myer

  • 2 packs of Camels

  • Cheese

  • A year's supply of shampoo and conditioner

  • A year subscription to yahoo personals

  • A pressure washer

    • And then there are the beverage wins, which seem to be my forte:

      • 50 2-Liters of Diet Coke

      • Sobe energy drinks

      • Multiple 2 liters of 7-UP

      • A year's supply of Monster Energy drink

      • A year's supply of Vitamin water- which my girlfriend also won so we had 2 year's worth!

      In case you don't believe me, I included the above picture to show you what a year's supply worth of Vitamin Water looks like.

      Perhaps soon I will talk about the dark underbelly of the sweeps world- filled with pot-smoking paranoid web site owners, megalomaniac transsexual newsletter creators, scammers and hideous cheapskates, sad fag hags who eat their feelings and spies who sell out friends. Seriously, it is a strange strange world out there.

      Look Ma, a blog post with no swearing! Either all the praying for my soul is working or I'm getting fucking soft.

      10-4 Good buddies! And 10-40 for that matter.

      1 comment:

      Kimchihead said...

      Please write about the seedy underbelly of the sweeps world. I'm looking forward to reading all about it!